I’ve been a little quiet for awhile now and that usually means that I’m up to something. This is no different. As of today, Sunday March 23, 2014, we completed the new Grasshopper Step-Up! To say that I’m happy about it is like saying the Titanic was heavy. I’m over the freakin’ moon, man! With a total of 6 days spent working on it and countless volunteer hours invested. it’s finally done! Run-in is dialed, including the chicane after the Berm-to-Berm jump, the right-handed berm that points you at the step-up, as well as a set-up jump just before the step-up to help gauge speed needed. The whole thing works amazingly well. (I did test it out to make sure.) It’s still really, really damp and will need some time to set up so that it doesn’t need to be repaired after every run, but it’s there and it works! Until further notice, DO NOT RIDE IT! In two weeks or so, it should be good to go.
Thanks to Terry Lewis, Alex Lewis, Holly Alcorn, Ethan Fernandez, Chad Anderson and Joe MacEachern for all your help! Hard work pays off and there was plenty of hard work going down on this project. Thanks all!
From left to right: Ethan, Alex, Joe, Terry, Holly, Me, Chad (Rocking the poncho) and Olive the dog